review request (L): 7012648/JDK: move JSR 292 to package java.lang.invoke and adjust names

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Wed Mar 23 22:30:21 PDT 2011

Thanks for the review, Christian.  Here's a little bit more...

Here's an updated webrev:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jrose/7012648/webrev.jdk.01/
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jrose/7012648/webrev.jdk.01.nontriv/

The "nontriv" version is everything *except* trivial package renames.

Here are the changes since the previous webrev:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jrose/7012648/webrev.jdk.00-to-01.diff

There's one more code cleanup, to fix a buglet I noticed in error checking of MH.bindTo.

Most of the new changes are due to a scrub pass, changing the form of verbs from imperative to indicative.  This conforms with relevant javadoc style guidelines:
  http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/index-137868.html#styleguide

-- John