Testing partial builds with jtreg

Dave Bristor David.Bristor at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 18 17:00:41 PDT 2007

Hi Peter,

First, thanks again for pointing out the typo in make/netbeans/README as
regards the Collections project.  I just went through it, and found a couple
other in the changed build.xml:

* In the jar task, remove the indication of the manifest file.
* In the jar task's fileset, what should be excluded is listed incorrectly as
         <exclude name="Calendar*.class"/>
and it should be
         <exclude name="java/util/Calendar*.class"/>

Now about running the test: I'm not certain what problems you're having.  I'm
able to run tests, e.g.:

% ant -Djtreg.tests=java/util/LinkedList/Remove.java test

This runs just that one test.  Without the -D... it runs all tests on that
project, which runs 60 tests.  Right away I see an Error in
CheckForComodification but looking at the test's source I see @ignore which
means this is OK.  The remaining tests pass.  Running the tests from NetBeans
gives the same results.

Just taking a couple guesses here re your test: your new test should be in
j2se/test/java/util/BitSet, be a public class, and have a public static void
main(String[] args).  Take a look at the other tests for examples.

Thanks,
	Dave