Testing partial builds with jtreg

Peter B. West lists at pbw.id.au
Wed Jul 18 21:36:03 PDT 2007

Dave Bristor wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> First, thanks again for pointing out the typo in make/netbeans/README as
> regards the Collections project.  I just went through it, and found a
> couple other in the changed build.xml:
>
> * In the jar task, remove the indication of the manifest file.
> * In the jar task's fileset, what should be excluded is listed
> incorrectly as
>         <exclude name="Calendar*.class"/>
> and it should be
>         <exclude name="java/util/Calendar*.class"/>
>
> Now about running the test: I'm not certain what problems you're
> having.  I'm able to run tests, e.g.:
>
> % ant -Djtreg.tests=java/util/LinkedList/Remove.java test
>
> This runs just that one test.  Without the -D... it runs all tests on
> that project, which runs 60 tests.  Right away I see an Error in
> CheckForComodification but looking at the test's source I see @ignore
> which means this is OK.  The remaining tests pass.  Running the tests
> from NetBeans gives the same results.
>
> Just taking a couple guesses here re your test: your new test should be
> in j2se/test/java/util/BitSet, be a public class, and have a public
> static void main(String[] args).  Take a look at the other tests for
> examples.

Dave,

I am just trying to run the existing tests on the existing code of the
build15 drop. Running them from either NB or the command line gives the
same result - failure or error, except for certain shell tests. For
example, I can clean and build the JMX project from NB, but when I try
to run the tests some early .sh tests pass, but anything involving java
files fails or (occasionally) errors. This indicates that jtreg is
finding the tests, but not finding the appropriate JDK.

My .openjdk/build.properties contains:

bootstrap.jdk=/usr/java/jdk1.7.0
jtreg.home = /home/pbw/src/jtreg
make.options=\
            ALT_BOOTDIR=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0 \
            ALT_CLOSED_JDK_IMPORT_PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.7.0 \
            ALT_JDK_IMPORT_PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.7.0 \
            ALT_MOTIF_DIR=/home/pbw/src/openmotif

The ALT_MOTIF_DIR is ineffective for building the JDK, as I mentioned
earlier.

--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>
Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/>