Setup OpenJDK Netbeans project - Mercurial - Please help!

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Wed Mar 25 14:33:16 PDT 2009

Hi Kelly,

thanks for your answer.

-- Thanks to Alan, finding somebody for answer.

Look my working set in the attachment, downloaded from
http://download.java.net/openjdk/jdk7/ (build b51).
- .hgtags contains entries up to jdk7-b50
I additionally have downloaded tip.tar.bz2 from
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/tl/jdk/
- .hgtags additionally contains entry for jdk7-b51
So, what should I do next?

Should I create local repository ".hg", and commit my working set to it,
maybe first deleting corba etc. folders?
... or should I better extract my working set from tip.tar.bz2

On http://openjdk.java.net/guide/repositories.html#installConfig I read,
I should install the Forest Extension.

On http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/ForestExtension I read:
    Download site: public development repository
<http://hg.akoha.org/hgforest/>. (There's a newer version
<http://www.bitbucket.org/pmezard/hgforest-crew/overview/> that should
work against post-1.0 releases.)
I've downloaded the "newer version", which simply contains
hgforest-crew-872a57531db6.out. What should I do with that, so I have
"installed" it?
See my Mercurial install dir in attachment. (TortoiseHG is said to
contain command line Mercurial 1.2.1)

On http://hg.akoha.org/hgforest/ I see, that there is a fix for Fix for
Mercurial 1.2, but I don't know if it's included in "newer version".

Thanks in advance for additional help.

-Ulf