[69cat] Re: Re: [www] where is http://netbeans.org/projects/nb-openjdk/index.html

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Thu May 27 15:34:26 PDT 2010

Ulf,

There are NetBeans projects for parts of jdk in the openjdk jdk/
repository, under jdk/make/netbeans.  However, these are probably quite
crufty by now; I do not think anyone is maintaining them.  Some JDK
developers just roll their projects for the purpose of editing code, and
they use the standard JDK build system to build and run their code.

One big exception is langtools, which contains javac, javadoc etc.
There is a NetBeans project for langtools in langtools/make/netbeans,
and we routinely use this project for working on the langtools source.
That being said, although I edit in NetBeans, I still prefer to build
and run the regression tests from outside NetBeans.

-- Jon