Taking advantage of TCP Loopback fast path in Windows

Kirk Shoop (MS OPEN TECH) Kirk.Shoop at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 9 17:10:24 UTC 2014

From: nio-dev [mailto:nio-dev-bounces at openjdk.java.net] On Behalf Of Kirk Shoop (MS OPEN TECH)
Sent: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:16 AM

From: Alan Bateman [mailto:Alan.Bateman at oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:41 AM
One that we need to decide on is the system property to enable this. You are currently using "windows.enableFastLocalTcpLoopback". In recent time we have been using "jdk.*" for JDK-specific properties. What would you think about renaming it to jdk.net.useFastLocalTcpLookack"?
Yes, we will change to the name to 'jdk.net.useFastTcpLoopback'. 'windows' was only in the name to declare the scope of the setting.

Another thing that I meant to ask is whether we can skip this for UDP sockets. In Net.socket0 for example then I assume it should be "if (stream && fastLookback)".
Yes, that makes sense. We will make this change.

We will send a link to the new webrev once the changes are made and verified.

----
Here is the webrev with both changes:

https://openjdkcontrib.blob.core.windows.net/tcploopback/webrev-20141008.zip

Kirk