adding rsockets support into JDK

Paul Sandoz paul.sandoz at oracle.com
Thu May 17 23:09:30 UTC 2018

Hi Lucy,

For now i will just focus on the Summary and Description as those are the most important. Alan et. al. are more qualified than I to talk about the specifics.

I would like to suggest an alternative title:

  Socket API for Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA)

with the proposed summary:

"Enhance the Java Socket API to support Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) using the rsocket protocol on the Linux-based platforms."

In the Motivation section you could expand the last sentence to:

"To improve this, we propose to add rsocket, a protocol over Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) that permits high-throughput, low-latency networking.”

s/For HPC and.../High Performance Computing (HPC)…/

Paul.