8221252: (sc) SocketChannel and its socket adaptor need to handle connection reset

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Mar 22 10:44:10 UTC 2019

On 21/03/2019 21:50, Brian Burkhalter wrote:

> I don’t see any problems here.
Thanks.

> Some minor nits:
>
> * Copyright year needs to be updated in IOStatus,
> UnixAsynchronousSocketChannelImpl, and SctpChannelImpl.
Will do (although we should really automate this or update in bulk on a
regular basis).

> * ConnectionReset test:
> — Maybe interchange lines 32 and 33.
> — I suppose the println() calls which are the first statements in the
> test methods could be removed.
They are helpful in the test output as TestNG prints the status at the
end of the test and sometimes not obvious where the start is. Some
people like to use @BeforeTest to print the test name but that leads to
additional output that I don't think can be suppresed.

> — The test method names might be slightly more descriptive, e.g,
> testSocketChannelReadNoBytes (or  testSocketChannelReadNull)
> and testSocketChannelReadBytes (or testSocketChannelRead) instead of
>  testSocketChannelRead1 and  testSocketChannelRead2, respectively.
Okay, I'll do that.

-Alan