[ipv6]: 8224019: test/jdk/java/nio/channels/DatagramChannel/BasicMulticastTests.java assumes IPv4 is always available

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu May 16 06:48:46 UTC 2019

On 16/05/2019 01:45, Arthur Eubanks wrote:
> bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8224019
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aeubanks/8224019/webrev.00/index.html
>
> test/jdk/java/nio/channels/DatagramChannel/BasicMulticastTests.java
> assumes
> NetworkConfiguration.probe().ip4MulticastInterfaces().iterator()
> always has at least one NetworkInterface. Instead it should do
> something like the IPv6 code right after it where it checks that the
> iterator is not empty.
I think this test will require other changes to do what you want. In
particular, expectionTests should be run if there is IPv4 or IPv6
available. It might be that expectionTests needs the family agnostic
tests split out, or maybe it needs parameter to indicate the family and
multicast groups to use.

-Alan.