[ipv6]: 8224019: test/jdk/java/nio/channels/DatagramChannel/BasicMulticastTests.java assumes IPv4 is always available

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri May 17 06:41:15 UTC 2019

On 16/05/2019 23:38, Arthur Eubanks wrote:
> I've added testing exceptions to IPv6 as well, PTAL.
> This required hardcoding IPv4 and IPv6 loopback addresses for the IPv4
> and IPv6 code paths. Else DatagramChannel.join() fails since you can't
> mix IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, and InetAddress.getLocalHost() can only
> be one of those.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aeubanks/8224019/webrev.01/

Adding back nio-dev as it seems to have been dropped from thread again.

On webrev.01, I think the approach looks okay but would you have
re-ordering the parameters to both membershipKeyTests and exceptionTests
so that the protocol family is first, then the groups, then the
NetworkInterface as that will align with the usages and the join methods
where the order is always group, networkInterface (and optionally source).

-Alan