RFR: 8290349: IP_DONTFRAGMENT doesn't set DF bit in IPv4 header [v2]

Daniel Jeliński djelinski at openjdk.org
Mon Aug 1 08:43:45 UTC 2022

On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 07:28:28 GMT, Alan Bateman <alanb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Have you considered changing ExtendedSocketOptions.xxxOption to take a family parameter rather than a boolean as that would be more general and maybe useful in the future?

Passing a boolean matches what we're doing in `setIntOption0` and gets the job done. At this moment I don't see where passing `family` would be useful. Can we make that change when it's actually needed?

> The change to the comments [...] are a bit ugly

Agree. How about a more specific comment? Something like:

/* Mac OS does not support setting IPv4 options on IPv6 sockets. As a result, some/all IP_* options
 are not applied to IPv4 datagrams sent from IPv6 sockets. */