RFR: 8338411: Implement JEP 486: Permanently Disable the Security Manager [v3]

Sean Mullan mullan at openjdk.org
Thu Oct 24 21:00:39 UTC 2024

On Thu, 24 Oct 2024 20:27:33 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aivanov at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> @seanjmullan Can you please advice on some of the following src file javadoc related review comments. Do they need to be handled in this PR? Some of them seem out-of-scope for jep486 PR.
>
> @honkar-jdk I'm inclined to leave it as because it's not the only method which doesn't have a blank line between `@param` and `@throw` in this file.
>
> If it's worth taking care of, we may submit another bug to address it later.

This does not need to be handled in this PR. In the majority of changes, we have really tried hard to avoid making unrelated changes, but sometimes a few snuck in, like moving package imports or perhaps fixing a typo here and there that was not specific to JEP 486. My opinion is that unless it is something that _really_ should be done as part of a more general technical debt or code cleanup exercise, then it is ok to let a few of these in and they don't have to be reverted.