Anybody looking for a quick patch to contribute?

Richard Bair richard.bair at oracle.com
Tue Mar 12 09:54:02 PDT 2013

Hi Mario!

ha, sure enough. I just wrote the description without trying it out, turns out it was just that easy :-)

> Anyway, here is a webrev:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~neugens/RT-28886/webrev.01/
>
> I tried to compile to test it out, but I'm now stuck on antlr:
>
> http://www.fpaste.org/PAKU/
>
> I put the various antlr jars in the master/lib directory, but maybe the
> version doesn't match exactly the one needed.
>
> Do we need those specific antlr jars? Can you point me to a location
> where I can download them?

Did you by chance watch the video I hosted here? https://wiki-beta.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Building+OpenJFX
On minute 7 I download these in the video (it is too long and boring so I doubt you've seen it :-). I will do a new one when the gradle stuff is ready to go that is hopefully a 30 second video!). I'll also update the wiki with a link to the web page.

www.antlr3.org/download

> I would also be interested in performing some test to see if there's any
> real speed gain here.
>
> I tried with ant build, the gradle build fails with more cryptic
> failures for me…

I'm guessing you are on Linux? I have worked out windows & mac, about to start on the linux build. I'm guessing it dies on building native code?

Richard