Gradle build documentation

Richard Bair richard.bair at oracle.com
Sat Mar 23 22:58:00 PDT 2013

On Mar 23, 2013, at 8:59 PM, Darryl R <rdarrylr at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for that page. I finally am able to build it all on Windows now. I was able to build on Ubuntu very easily last week but i've been really struggling with the Windows build.

Thanks!

> I just did a clone of master and rt tonight and am using the 1.80 b82 build.

The latest I've been doing has been in the graphics forest instead of master, so some of it may not be visible. As of today, the latest graphics forest will build against b82.

> I don't see the gradle IDE. I was trying to find if those were not pushed out to everyone yet but didn't find a post about it

Probably it is in graphics and not yet in master.

> One thing I'm also confused about is how we make use of the 4 DLLs in build/sdk/rt/bin/ off of javafx if we want to use the compiled javafxrt.jar

In theory[1] they should automatically get picked up. What happens is that when Glass or Prism (or whatnot) needs to load a native library, it ends up calling into com.sun.glass.utils.NativeLibLoader (which is open source). The NativeLibLoader will look in the right place relative to where jfxrt.jar is expected to live.

[1] I'm not 100% sure it will always work right. For example, if open code tries to load a native lib, will it pick the locally built one, or the one that is included in the JDK? If code in the binary stub (i.e. the jfxrt.jar in the JDK) asks to load a native lib, will it look locally as well or only within the JDK? Is there any closed code that tries to load a native library that is open? These are questions I haven't played with yet to find answers to).