OpenJFX status update

Scott Palmer swpalmer at gmail.com
Wed May 16 20:28:27 UTC 2018

It needs a lot of work.  I’m reminded as a see all the issues I’ve reported against it are being reassigned today.

Despite the issues, Javapackager was one of the best things to happen for Java deployment in many years.  I’m kinda bummed that it didn’t make it to OpenJDK.

jlink isn’t really usable for me, as it requires everything to be 100% modularized, and that is next to impossible to achieve if you have any external dependencies.

There is an issue to have jlink create a native launcher though:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8182555 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8182555>

(You would think the javapackager guy and the jlink guy would talk to each other at some point… if such people are still around.)

Cheers,

Scott