RFR: 8277309: Add support for H.265/HEVC to HTTP Live Streaming

yosbits duke at openjdk.java.net
Fri Feb 4 18:33:16 UTC 2022

On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 11:24:48 GMT, Alexander Matveev <almatvee at openjdk.org> wrote:

> - Added support for fragmented MP4 with HEVC/H.265, H.264 and AAC.
>  - Added support for elementary AAC streams without any container for audio only streams.
>  - Added "aacparse" plugin from GStreamer. Required on Linux, since decoder cannot handle AAC elementary streams directly. DirectShow decoder works without it.
>  - DirectShow H.264 decoder on Windows and H.265/H.264 decoder on Linux will be reloaded when fMP4 stream changes resolution. Dynamic format change did not worked for these streams on Windows and Linux.

modules/javafx.media/src/main/java/com/sun/media/jfxmedia/locator/HLSConnectionHolder.java

I noticed that in this change, ArrayList<Boolean> is rewritten as ArrayList<>.
The BitSet rewrite needs some thought, so it might be a good idea to make it a separate issue.
In the file I pointed out, it is used in many more places than the one I pointed out.