Aw: Sneak preview: cell edit api to support commit-on-focusLost

Marius Hanl mariushanl at web.de
Fri Feb 18 11:14:22 UTC 2022

   Can you may create a branch at the jfx sandbox repo?
   https://github.com/openjdk/jfx-sandbox

   Then I can more easily compare and check it out. (and monitor it :))

   -- Marius

   Gesendet: Freitag, 11. Februar 2022 um 18:03 Uhr
   Von: "Jeanette Winzenburg" <fastegal at swingempire.de>
   An: "openjfx-dev" <openjfx-dev at openjdk.java.net>
   Betreff: Sneak preview: cell edit api to support commit-on-focusLost
   Hi folks,
   after fixing a bunch of edit-related issues, time feels right for
   nudging elephant out of the room :) Which is the bigger goal of
   supporting commit-on-focusLost.
   Working on a PoC (ListView/-Cell only) in a branch of my fork
   [1]https://github.com/kleopatra/jfx/tree/dokeep-edit-api-editstate with
   an overview of suggested changes
   [2]https://github.com/kleopatra/swingempire-fx/wiki/CellEditAPI and a
   example driver as gist
   [3]https://gist.github.com/kleopatra/447344183e017537c21f7905a062396d
   Still rough, but working: all current unit tests still passing (a
   bunch of my own not, and the new api is barely tested) and many of the
   requested requirements can be implemented (see code in the example and
   the table of use-cases in the overview)
   Any feedback - for the good or for the bad - highly welcome :)
   -- Jeanette