RFR: 8221708 Update Eclipse project files [v4]

Nir Lisker nlisker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:44:06 UTC 2022

> - the screenshots are outdated, using much older version of Eclipse, the
> UI has been changed a bit.  The latest Eclipse won't work with java19
> without a separate plugin, but i am sure they will fix it soon.

Yes, I will need to delete all the projects and re-import in order to
create the new screenshot. The separate plugin support is explained under
"Configure Eclipse to use the latest JDK". Each Eclipse release requires a
plugin for the simultaneously released Java version, It is "fixed" in the
next version, but then you need another plugin for the new release.

- there is an option to 'ignore projects already in the workspace' and I
> think it must be turned on (I was getting a warning).

If you are importing for the first time, no project will already be in the
workspace, so it doesn't matter. If you are re-importing it's up to you if
you want to ignore them or not, I would say.

- we probably should mention that the gradle build should be run after
> initial checkout, including *sdk* and *apps*.  This will load and build
> the dependencies (lucene).

That is explained in the main page -
https://wiki.openjdk.org/display/OpenJFX/Building+OpenJFX, or at least
should be, as it isn't an Eclipse-specific step. There is a mention of this
in the Using Eclipse section.