New CSS parser for JavaFX

Andy Goryachev andy.goryachev at oracle.com
Mon Aug 26 19:05:46 UTC 2024

Well, I don't think we should dissuade anyone from discussing a possible improvement from the very beginning, especially if they are trying to address a pain point.

Though Kevin is right: CSS is a complicated subsystem, and attempting to change it, or worse, rewrite it, requires enormous effort - not only for development, but also for reviewing and most of all, testing.  I also have little confidence in the CSS "spec" - not only it's a moving target, but the github shows 3.3k issues https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues .  Granted, not all of them might be applicable, but it certainly does not help.

-andy