Implementing a shader API

superminerJG jackyguo579 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 02:58:14 UTC 2021

Hi everyone.

This problem might have been discussed numerous times, and has been held
off for quite a while.

Although we are starting to see lighting improvements added to JavaFX, I
feel that it's necessary for JavaFX to have some kind of custom shader
pipeline. However, nobody has gotten around to doing it, so I thought that
I could lend a hand. Before I get into things, I would like to know how and
what I can contribute. The questions are at the bottom of the email.

Thanks!
- jgcodes

Questions:

   - Can high school students sign the OCA? (I saw the job title field on
   the form and wasn't so sure I was legally allowed to sign it)
   - When I  implement the shader API, should it use some kind of GLSL
   mapping, or should I try to extend JSL to work in 3D?
   - Should I have sent this email to the openjfx-dev mailing list and not
   this one?