JDK 8 b118 ea test results are now available

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Dec 10 07:25:48 PST 2013

On 10/12/2013 11:20, Balchandra Vaidya wrote:
> :
>
> 2) Testcase do not run with -agentvm option. It might be an
>     issue in the testcase (or how the testcase was run). I will look
> into it.
>
>     I missed this issue because I had changed my scripts to use -othervm
>     sometime back for debugging/analyzing some testcase
>     failure but forgot to change it back. Thank you for pointing it out.
For Volker's benefit, othervm is where jtreg spins up a new VM for each
test, agentvm is where jtreg re-uses the VM if possible. There are tests
that don't or can't clean up and those tests need to ensure that their
@run tests have the /othervm option so that the tests runs in its own
VM. Alternatively, the TEST.ROOT file has a key that lists directories
where all the tests in those directory trees must run in their own VM.

Balchandra - one thing that be useful is to look at the client tests to
see what can run in agentvm and what can't. For the jdk_core and jdk_svc
tests then they can be run in either (although we're still picking off
issues as they found in agentvm mode). I'm not aware of any work done
yet on getting the tests in the jdk_desktop test group to run in agentvm
mode. It may be that TEST.ROOT needs to be updated to see a few
additional top-level directories so that all the tests in these areas
temporarily run in othervm mode.

-Alan