Early Access Build Test Results

Stuart Marks stuart.marks at oracle.com
Tue Jan 15 16:18:17 PST 2013

Hi Balchandra,

What you've done seems reasonable given that you're just trying to get the
initial setup going.

I really think it would be preferable to use the actual makefile targets
instead of assembling a directory list. The reason is that the makefile targets
not only have lists of directories, they may also specify various jtreg options
differently depending upon the target. For example, the jdk_rmi tests are all
run in othervm mode (a run mode of jtreg) which is different from most of the
other makefile targets. This information is only present in the makefile targets.

Would it be difficult to run all the makefile targets individually and combine
the results? Yes, there are (I think) 17 makefile targets, but it wouldn't be
too bad if the combination process could be automated.

My main concern is that if you end up running a different set of tests from our
internal nightly build and internal developer builds, the results would be
difficult to compare.

s'marks