TestNG build failing with JDK9 Jigsaw due to Gradle

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Nov 2 09:05:23 UTC 2015

On 02/11/2015 08:56, Cédric Champeau wrote:
> BTW, Groovy itself is not compatible with Jigsaw, so my guess would be
> that even if Gradle fixed this, you would have different errors
> because Gradle uses Groovy. What is possible today is to run Gradle on
> Java 9 non jigsaw, and compile using Java 9 Jigsaw.
>
> Jochen sent an email on jigsaw-dev a few weeks ago ("Groovy with
> Jigsaw") but as far as I understand, there's no clear understanding of
> the problem/solutions so far.
There was one specific issue in that thread, it was a VerifyError that
stemmed from Guava overriding
java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.setAccessible. That issue was
resolved at the time and I don't think there were any other specific
issues on that thread. There was of course the general issue that Groovy
seems to access or wrap types in non-exported packages but we don't have
a solution to that except via the command-line -XaddExports.

-Alan.