[security-dev 00474]: Re: hg: jdk7/tl/jdk: 6496274: jar seems to use more CPU than it should

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Fri Dec 19 17:15:16 UTC 2008

Hi Sherman,

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 08:42 -0800, Xueming Shen wrote:
> No, you did not miss anything.  The "original patch proposal " had not
> been sent to
> any of  the community mailing lists, the "reviewed-by" is for the final
> code review,
> which was not sent to the mailing list as well, I don't think we send
> each/every code
> review request out, especially when the change itself is not that "big".

Were was the original patch proposal sent to then?
Where was the final code review done?

I must say I find it a little disappointing that apparently some people
in the community don't have to know about the why, how and what of
certain code changes.

Of course doing development in the open doesn't mean you get any good
feedback, sometimes you are just the only real expert. But not posting
and discussing patches in the first place makes sure you never will get
any feedback during development. That makes it a lot harder to slowly
grow the community.

If the community gets the idea that some people just check in anything
without any public discussion whatsoever that would be bad imho. If we
can encourage more open development that would be good, because I think
it will make people feel more involved.

Cheers,

Mark