[security-dev 00170]: Re: Adding RFC-5054 to OpenJDK JSSE

Andrew Fan Andrew.Fan at Sun.COM
Sat May 17 02:45:40 UTC 2008

Hi David,

Thanks for your proposal on support RFC-5054 on JSSE. However, the SRP
is patented, the potential IP issues will prevent us from adding the
module into JSSE. And, the RFC-5054 is only a informational RFC and in
practice it is lack of deployment of SRP/TLS, my team think it is a low
priority based on other enhancements we'd like to see in security.

Thanks & Regards,
Andrew