[security-dev 01104]: So many Cloneables in krb5

Max (Weijun) Wang Weijun.Wang at Sun.COM
Fri Aug 21 03:44:55 UTC 2009

Hi Valerie

I take a look at krb5 codes and find many classes Cloneable.

These 6 can be easily changed to immutable:

   Realm.java
   AuthorizationData.java
   AuthorizationDataEntry.java
   HostAddress.java
   HostAddresses.java
   Ticket.java

This one has internal states, but I see no one clone it:
   crc32.java

This one has setMicroSeconds(), probably should be pulled out (and
then made immutable):
   KerberosTime.java

This one has setSalt() and setRealm(), keep it unchanged:
   PrincipalName.java

These two have secrets inside to destroy(), keep it unchanged:
   EncryptedData.java
   EncryptionKey.java

I plan to change the first 7 ones to final immutable first.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Max