"PKCS11" no longer supported for KeyStore

Jon Strauss chiralhelicity at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 06:30:06 UTC 2010

Some time ago I came across a regression beginning after the sun-jdk
1.6.13 release. This regression continues into openjdk. The issue at
hand is a single line found in the current SunPKCS#11 documentation:

KeyStore ks = KeyStore.getInstance("PKCS11");
KeyStore ks = KeyStore.getInstance("PKCS11");

We have experienced a failure on this line under the current release of ubuntu and windows 7 running openjdk. SunJDK 1.6.13 performs as expected.

-Sushi