[security-dev 01711]: Re: Please review new regression test for java.net.* API

Christopher Hegarty -Sun Microsystems Ireland Christopher.Hegarty at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 18 21:12:49 UTC 2010

Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> On 18 March 2010 20:56, Christopher Hegarty -Sun Microsystems Ireland
> <Christopher.Hegarty at sun.com> wrote:
>> Brad, Pavel, Andrew,
>>
>> I'm also not comfortable with this test, but what bothers me more than the
>> reliance on an external server is the reliance on cacerts. While cacerts (or
>> equivalent) is not part of OpenJDK I don't think it makes sense adding a
>> test to OpenJDK that has a reliance on it.
>>
>> For now I think is makes more sense to add a test like this to wherever in
>> the build process cacerts (or equivalent) is added.
>>

> The problem is nothing does in the OpenJDK build process.  So SSL is
> always broken for OpenJDK builds.  Is this something we really want?

This is certainly not ideal, but is a separate issue to the test, right?
It seems Sean or someone in the security team should comment on the
possibility of adding root CA's to OpenJDK, until then I don't see any
requirement for a test.

-Chris.