Request for review Remove "private" cause in jdk exceptions

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Aug 26 07:22:19 UTC 2011

Sebastian Sickelmann wrote:

> OK. Webrev is there:
> http://oss-patches.24.eu/openjdk8/NoSuchMechanismException/REBASED_ON_8018d541a7b2_2/
>

> Can someone review this?
I think this one will require careful review and I'm not even sure that
it's worth it. Using serialPersistentFields and overriding the
readObject/writeObject method is the right thing for this kind of issue
but it's bringing complexity that hardy seems worth it. There are a few
awkward issues in here. I have to admit that I don't know, without
checking, what the deal is with APIs that continued life as standalone
JSRs after going into Java SE. I also suspect that some of these changes
have subtly changed the behavior of a few of the exceptions. On
RemoteException the patch removes a public field which we can't do. I
think the other clean-up patches that you have posted here in the last
week or two are good and we should move forward on them.

-Alan.