Code review request: 7158329: NPE in sun.security.krb5.Credentials.acquireDefaultCreds()

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Fri Apr 6 03:31:23 UTC 2012

Max,

You definitely don't need /othervm, since the test itself is talking
care to run the subprocess.

Generally, I like to use pb.redirectErrorStream(true) to merge stdout
and stderr, so that you are guaranteed that neither will fill up the
buffer and block for want of a reader.

There's lots of ways to write this sort of code; yours is as good as
any, but when the command line is of fixed length, I like to use
Arrays.asList() to minimize the boilerplate, and make it as much like a
command line as possible.

In the subprocess, you are relying on the JVM to set an exit code as a
result of your throwing the exception. You might want to replace line 78
with a more explicit call of System.exit(1); or similar.

-- Jon

On 04/05/2012 07:35 PM, Weijun Wang wrote:
> Webrev updated:
>
>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/7158329/webrev.01
>
> No change to src.
>
> *Jon*: Is this the correct style to use ProcessBuilder to launch a
> test? I guess there is no need to go othervm?
>
> *Valerie*: Can you take a review on this?
>
> Thanks
> Max
>
> On 04/06/2012 02:29 AM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
>> Max,
>>
>> If it were me writing the test, I'd avoid using a shell script and would
>> write Java code using ProcessBuilder to set an env-var and then realunch
>> the test via new File(new File(System.getProperty("java.home"), "bin"),
>> "java");
>>
>> This Java code could even be co-located in the EmptyCC.java file.
>>
>> -- Jon
>>

>> On 04/05/2012 02:32 AM, Weijun Wang wrote:
>>> The webrev is at
>>>
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/7158329/webrev.00/
>>>
>>> There are two places where the content (getDefaultCreds) of a cache
>>> might be null, one with a specified ccache file name, one default. In
>>> order to check for both, a KRB5CCNAME environment variable is needed.
>>> Therefore the test must be a script calling a Java program.
>>>
>>> *Jon*: I guess this is the only way to feed an environment variable to
>>> a Java test?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Max

>>> if (DEBUG) {
>>> System.out.println(">>> KrbCreds found the default ticket " +
>>> "granting ticket in credential cache.");
>>> }
>>> sun.security.krb5.internal.ccache.Credentials temp =
>>> cache.getDefaultCreds();
>>> if (EType.isSupported(temp.getEType())) {