code review request: 7162687: enhance KDC server availability detection

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Wed Apr 18 20:21:03 PDT 2012

Hi Valerie

Please take a review at

    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/7162687/webrev.00/

Basically I add a connect() before send/receive and if a KDC UDP server
is not on, an ICMP Port Unreachable message will be received
immediately, and there will be no more retry on the same KDC.

In the tests, an idle DatagramSocket must be created to avoid the ICMP
message being sent. I also enhance the BadKdc tests to check the new
behavior: When no idle DatagramSocket is created, there are no more
retries on the same KDC, but you can still see krb5.kdc.bad.policy working.

Thanks
Max