JDK8 Code review request for 7026347: Certificate and X509CRL should have verify(PublicKey key, Provider sigProvider)

Xuelei Fan xuelei.fan at oracle.com
Fri Jul 20 07:20:49 UTC 2012

I was wondering, for better compatibility with previous providers, it
may be considerable to make use of the existing APIs as the
implementation of Certificate.verify(PublicKey key, Provider sigProvider):

     public void verify(PublicKey key, Provider sigProvider)
         throws CertificateException, NoSuchAlgorithmException,
         InvalidKeyException, SignatureException {
-         throw new UnsupportedOperationException();
+         verify(key, sigProvider.getName());
     }

As may simplify both the spec and implementation.

Xuelei