jsse.jar still needed?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Oct 15 12:17:24 UTC 2012

This might be a silly question but is jsse.jar needed any more? I think,
but might be wrong, that it dates back to when JSSE was a extension. I'm
curious if it would matter if the classes were moved to rt.jar?

I'm also interested to understand why jsse.jar has
sun.security.provider.Sun and sun.security.rsa.SunRsaSign. This creates
the odd situation where most of the types in those packages are in
rt.jar but it's just these two classes that are in jsse.jar.

Thanks,

-Alan