Request for comment: Supporting password expiration alert in JAAS

Xuelei Fan xuelei.fan at oracle.com
Wed Oct 17 14:01:29 UTC 2012

If the application know and pass the expiration time to the callback, it
can do the warning in the application level.

If the application does not know the expiration time, I was wondering
that the login context may also not know the time.  Does kerberos define
expiration fileds?

I think, it is not clear to me about the benefits to do it in JDK level.

Xuelei