Update #3: JEP 123: SecureRandom First Draft and Implementation.

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Thu Jan 10 07:52:19 PST 2013

On 01/10/2013 03:40 AM, Brad Wetmore wrote:
> The third version is now out (minus test cases), and is ready in the
> webrev.03 directory.
>
>      http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~wetmore/6425477/
>
> The only change is the API as we discussed.

Line 585:

585      * by the {@code securerandom.strong} security property, or null

should be securerandom.strongAlgorithms

Otherwise API looks good. A couple of comments on the implementation
(both of which can be handled later), I would log any exceptions for
debugging purposes. There's also some potential for performance
improvements -- you could cache the property and avoid reparsing the
property if it hasn't changed.

--Sean