[8] Code review request for 8006591: Protect keystore entries using stronger PBE algorithms

taras ledkov taras.ledkov at oracle.com
Mon Jan 21 01:44:18 PST 2013

class: KeyStore.PasswordProtection
method: <init>(char[] password, String protectionAlgorithm,
AlgorithmParameterSpec protectionParameters)

At the javadoc header about protectionParameters:

* @param protectionParameters the encryption algorithm parameter
*     specification, which may be {@code null}

But the first line of the method we can see:
if (protectionAlgorithm == null) {
     throw new NullPointerException("invalid null input");
}

I see a contradiction here.
Please comment.

--