Code review request: 6755701 SecretKeySpec & DES

Valerie (Yu-Ching) Peng valerie.peng at oracle.com
Tue Jul 2 22:31:47 UTC 2013

Well, I don't think there is anything wrong with the
SecretKeyFactory.generateSecret API.
DESKeySpec/DESedeKeySpec do check the length of the key bytes when
constructed.
If we were to accept the SecretKeySpec object as generic key spec, then
we should add additional checkings and throw InvalidKeySpec exception
before passing the key bytes to the underlying key impl classes, i.e.
DESKey/DESedeKey.

Valerie