7u40 Review Request for 8017173: XMLCipher with RSA_OAEP Key Transport algorithm can't be instantiated

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Mon Jul 8 20:48:00 UTC 2013

Hi Xuelei,

Can you please review my fix for JDK-8017173? This is a regression
introduced in 7u25. It does not affect JDK 8, because the recent fix for
JDK-8011547 to integrate the Apache Santuario release 1.5.4 also fixed
this issue. However, I am not backporting the JDK 8 code, which is more
complicated and higher risk (see the comments in the bug for more
information). For 7u40, this is a one line fix which reverts to the code
in 7u21 to minimize the risk.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mullan/webrevs/8017173/webrev.00/

Thanks,
Sean