code review request: 8012971 PKCS11Test hiding exception failures

Valerie (Yu-Ching) Peng valerie.peng at oracle.com
Wed Jul 24 01:00:14 UTC 2013

<PKCS11Test.java>

263                 System.arraycopy(data, 900, data, 0, 100);
264                 is.read(data, 0,  900);

Do you really mean to overwrite the data[0..99] that you just copied on
line 263 with line 264?
In addition, don't you want to know how much is read in order to exclude
the data from earlier read(...) calls in case that the current read only
returns a few bytes?

Do you have the list of supported curves does NSS ECC Basic and Extensive?
Some tests you check the curves and some tests you return immediately.

Also, do you know if there is a mozilla bug# for the DER issue that you
referred in several files?
Seems hard to tell which call would trigger this NSS bug, i.e. when to
add this check, until the test actually failed using the older NSS library.

After seeing all these checks and list of known bugs for testing against
NSS, I think we probably need a README or some wiki page to keep track
all this...

Thanks,
Valerie