[7u] code review request: 8014805: NPE is thrown during certpath validation if certificate does not have AuthorityKeyIdentifier extension

Vincent Ryan Vincent.X.Ryan at Oracle.Com
Mon Jun 24 18:33:39 UTC 2013

I've updated the webrev to address your comments:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vinnie/8014805/webrev.02/

Thanks.

On 24 Jun 2013, at 16:24, Sean Mullan wrote:

> On 06/24/2013 10:38 AM, Vincent Ryan wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> The fix to handle Authority Key IDs also applies to Subject Key IDs so I've duplicated the changes:
>>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vinnie/8014805/webrev.01
>

> 1211                         subjectKeyId = id.getIdentifier();
>
> Should "id" be "ki"?

Yes.

> Also, these 2 methods are not thread-safe, which could cause issues if the same certificates are used in multiple threads. This is an existing issue with the methods, but unless this is a demonstrable performance issue, I think you should change them to not cache the subject/authKeyIds and just generate them each time the methods are invoked.

Agreed.