8017325, 8017326: Cleanup of javadoc <code> tag

Jason Uh jason.uh at oracle.com
Mon Jun 24 22:00:57 UTC 2013

On 6/24/13 10:51 AM, Joe Darcy wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> On 6/21/2013 6:58 PM, Jason Uh wrote:
>> After learning that javadoc is now capable of properly formatting the
>> "<pre>{@code ...}</pre>" construct, I have updated the changeset for
>> java.security.cert. Please review instead:
>>
>> Webrevs --
>> - java.security.cert (updated):
>>     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~juh/8017325/webrev.01/
>> - java.security.spec (no change):
>>     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~juh/8017326/webrev.00/
>
> I've looked over both patches and they look fine.
>
> However, as a follow-up, please also expand the conversion to include
> mapping "<tt>foo</tt>" => "{@code foo}".

Thanks. I can make those changes, but are you suggesting that I add them
to this changeset or that I do that separately?

>> Note that this change does visibly change the generated javadoc, as
>> reported by specdiff. In particular, the change to <pre>{@code
>> ...}</pre> in the javadoc for the
>> X509Extension.getNonCriticalExtensionOIDs() method now allows the
>> generated HTML to correctly display the line:
>>
>>    Set<String> nonCritSet = badCert.getNonCriticalExtensionOIDs();
>>
>> which was previously (incorrectly) displayed as
>>
>>    Set nonCritSet = badCert.getNonCriticalExtensionOIDs();
>>
>> when the text "<String>" was still enclosed within
>
> Running specdiff is a good double-check in this situation.
>
> Should the scripts you are using here to placed somewhere in the JDK
> repo or in the code tools project?

I'm not sure that I follow. Are you requesting that I include somewhere
in the repo the line of Perl that I ran? (It was used to make most, but
not all of these changes.) If so, where would be the most appropriate
place to add that?

Thanks,
Jason