Code review request, 7188658 Add possibility to disable client initiated renegotiation

Brad Wetmore bradford.wetmore at oracle.com
Fri Jun 28 00:16:57 UTC 2013

Rearranging and tweaking a bit. What do you think of:

---
Reject client initiated renegotiation?

If server side should reject client-initiated renegotiation, send an
alert_handshake_failure fatal alert, not a no_renegotiation warning
alert (no_renegotiation must be a warning: RFC 2246).  no_renegotiation
might seem more natural at first, but warnings are not appropriate
because the sending party does not know how the receiving party will
behave.  This state must be treated as a fatal server condition.

This will not have any impact on server initiated renegotiation.
---

Brad