Review Request for JDK-8025708 : Certificate Path Building problem with AKI serial number

Jason Uh jason.uh at oracle.com
Fri Feb 14 03:04:41 UTC 2014

Hi Sean,

Looks good to me, but I'm not an official Reviewer.

I have a couple of questions, though.

1. This isn't a part of your change, but shouldn't the comment on line
200 of AdaptableX509CertSelector.java read "As for version 3,..." and
not "As for version 2,..."?

2. Just curious, any reason why this wasn't just fixed with

     void parseAuthorityKeyIdentifierExtension(
             AuthorityKeyIdentifierExtension akidext) throws IOException {
       + super.setSubjectKeyIdentifier(null);
       + super.setSerialNumber(null);

         if (akidext != null) { ... }

in AdaptableX509CertSelector.java?