RFR 8049834: Two security tools tests do not run with only JRE

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Mon Jul 21 12:24:35 UTC 2014

On 07/21/2014 08:19 AM, Wang Weijun wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2014, at 20:11, Sean Mullan <sean.mullan at oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> This looks fine to me, but I was wondering why you needed to do this - are there requirements to run some regression tests with just the JRE instead of the full JDK?
>
> The embedded team has the requirement. They've already spotted several tests in jdk8 having the problem. These 2 tests are new in jdk9 and I think they will run into it one day.

How are they doing this? How do they know to not run the jarsigner
tests? Are they identifying and then creating separate jtreg groups for
tests that run with the JRE only? It seems like there should be a new
jtreg tag or something like that which specifies if a test can run with
the JRE only; otherwise this seems like it will be hard to maintain over
time.

--Sean