RFR : 8051614 : smartcardio TCK tests fail due to lack of 'reset' permission

Seán Coffey sean.coffey at oracle.com
Tue Jul 22 21:45:13 UTC 2014

A recent fix was introduced to preserve the behaviour of an old buggy
implementation of smartcardio Card.disconnect :

The old behaviour is not fully restored with this flag if a security
manager lacking sufficient permissions is present. This could disrupt
legacy applications which may wish to rely on the old behaviour. Some
internal testing has also highlighted this.

To enhance the 8049250 fix, I'm proposing we delay the boolean flip
operation until post the security check.
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8051614/webrev/
Bug report is not public due to internal links and servers being present
in description.

I'd like to get this into JDK 9 and 8u20.

regards,
Sean.