RFR 8029994: Support "include" and "includedir" in krb5.conf

Wang Weijun weijun.wang at oracle.com
Thu Jun 19 05:39:52 UTC 2014

On Jun 19, 2014, at 0:17, Sean Mullan <sean.mullan at oracle.com> wrote:

> Just a few comments on Config.java:
>
> 479         if (dups.contains(file)) {
> 480             throw new IOException("Profile path included more than once");
> 481         } else {
> 482             dups.add(file);
> 483         }
>
> This could be compressed into one call as:
>
> if (!dups.add(file)) {
>    throw new IOException("Profile path included more than once");
> }

OK.

> 506                                 // if dir is abosulte, so is p
>
> typo: absolute

OK.

> 511                 } else if (line.startsWith("include ")) {
>
> why doesn't the file name syntax check on line 505 also apply to include?

According to http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-devel/doc/admin/conf_files/krb5_conf.html

   include FILENAME
   includedir DIRNAME

   FILENAME or DIRNAME should be an absolute path. The named file
   or directory must exist and be readable. Including a directory
   includes all files within the directory whose names consist solely
   of alphanumeric characters, dashes, or underscores. Included
   profile files are syntactically independent of their parents,
   so each included file must begin with a section header.

So the syntax check is only done when iterating through all files for an includedir directive. I think the reason is that when using "include" to include a file, the writer spells out the file name explicitly and we should respect his choice. On the other hand, when using "includedir", there will be files in the directory that the writer might not intend to include. For example, file system browser generates .DS_Store on Mac and desktop.ini on Windows, Dropbox generates .dropbox, etc.

> 570                         public Void run() throws Exception {
>
> This can be declared to throw IOException, then you can change lines 586-591 to:
>
> throw pe.getException();

You mean javac will be smart enough to find out that pe's cause can only be IOException? It does not compile here.

Thanks
Max