RFR 8036779: sun.security.krb5.KdcComm interprets kdc_timeout asmsec instead of sec

Wang Weijun weijun.wang at oracle.com
Mon May 19 13:49:53 UTC 2014

After some discussion with mit and heimdal lead engineers, I don't want to support ms at the moment. mit does not use kdc_timeout at all and heimdal's internal presentation is of seconds.

So this is my plan: support "s" but if unspecified treat it as "ms". There will be a release notes describing this. This won't automatically fix the case for the bug reporter but at least give him a workaround -- use the 's' unit for interop.

Does this sound clean?

Thanks
Max