GSSCredential inside Subject?

Wang Weijun weijun.wang at oracle.com
Tue May 27 10:50:28 UTC 2014

Hi Valerie

I am working on breaking JGSS into modules and is now looking at sun/security/jgss/GSSUtil.java. There is a method

    public static <T extends GSSCredentialSpi> Vector<T>
            searchSubject(final GSSNameSpi name,
                          final Oid mech,
                          final boolean initiate,
                          final Class<? extends T> credCls) {

which goes inside a Subject's priv cred sets looking for GSSCredentialImpl objects. I searched thru other JDK codes and cannot see who is putting those objects there. Do you remember anything? Or we are thinking about applications putting them there? I cannot think of any such convention.

In fact, all I can see JAAS/JGSS/krb5 doing with a Subject is putting KerberosPrincipal into princ set and KerberosKey/KerberosTicket/KeyTab into priv cred set. Nothing else.

Thanks
Max