RFR 8044500: Add kinit options and krb5.conf flags that allow users to obtain renewable tickets and specify ticket lifetimes

Wang Weijun weijun.wang at oracle.com
Mon Nov 17 08:23:25 UTC 2014

> On Nov 15, 2014, at 09:25, Valerie Peng <valerie.peng at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Max,
>
> Most looks fine, just some questions.
>
> - Kinit.java: line 56, it should be "sun.security.krb5.internal.tools.Kinit"?

Correct.

> - Kinit.java: for the switch block from 135 - 142: add a default case to catch illegal values?

Done.

> - Kinit.java: line 163, doesn't the credentials cache exist already?

This line would remove all existing service tickets so they will be re-acquired using the new TGT. I copied this behavior from other vendors.

> - KrbAsReq.java: line 128, what if rtime is 0 (default value)?

Not sure if I understand. There is no default value for "renew_lifetime". If it does not exist inside krb5.conf, then rtime is not reassigned, which is still null.

> - KDC.java: line 879-883, how can you be sure that there is always more than 1 eType and that the 2nd eType is supported.

I'll throw KDC_ERR_ETYPE_NOSUPP.

Thanks
Max