[concurrency-interest] Here's why Atomic*FieldReference access checking is broken

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Sat Oct 4 00:14:03 UTC 2014

Thanks for the careful explanation. In short, the current checks
reject reasonable EE usages, which can lead users to widen
permissions, which can lead to less overall security.

The solution to inspect other caller frames seems OK to me.
But acceptance into OpenJDK requires approval from security folks.
We shouldn't/won't change jsr166 base source until cleared.

So probably the best way to make this happen is to file a CR with
your proposed patch/fix and ask for review?

-Doug